- Full tutor support included
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
• Why read
• Passive and active reading
• Skimming and scanning
• Standard English
• Spelling and punctuation
• How to read fiction and non-fiction
• Controlling and choosing language
Unit 2: Poetry and prose
• Poetic form
• Imagination and reality
• Plots and settings
• Character and dialogue
• Essay planning, structure and form
• Factual and expressive techniques
• Constructing an argument
• Reading sourced material:
• Reading and writing about different cultures and traditions
• Contexts and images
• Reading nonfiction and fiction
• Reading with insight and engagement
• How to make appropriate references to texts
• Understanding and interpreting texts
• Researching texts
• Understanding and attributing meaning
• Linguistic devices and effects
The introduction has covered the basic course content and assessment criteria. Further information can be obtained through Edexcel.
Entry Requirements Basic English reading and writing skills, as full tutor support is given.
Study Hours Approximately 240 hours.
Qualification Edexcel International GCSE English Language or Level 2 Certificate in English Language if taken in UK state school. Specification: Edexcel
What's Included Online Learning Documentation, Online Resources and Tutor support for 1 year.