- Easy to follow
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
The Health Act (2006) states that: ‘The prevention and control of Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) is a high priority for all parts of the NHS and other healthcare providers.’ It is estimated that about 1 in 10 people receiving care acquire HCAI whilst they are in hospital. HCAI costs the NHS in excess of £1billion per year and causes 5,000 deaths per year. There is no reason to believe that the problem is any less in other types of care provision. 30% of HCAI is preventable through good infection control practices, therefore, the risk of poor infection control practices by care workers presents a significant risk.
- Explain what is meant by infection, its signs and causes
- Identify how infection is spread
- Explain the importance of preventing the spread of infection
- Identify the measures that should be taken to minimise the spread of infection
- Explain the responsibilities of workers, the importance of legislation and risk assessment relating to infection control
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in preventing the spread of infection
- Identify the key characteristics of effective cleaning, disinfection, sterilisation and handling of sharps
ConditionsThanks to this offer, valid exclusively for one person, you will obtain an Infection & Prevention Control L3 (Accredited Online).
How to registerBy buying the course in Emagister Express, you will obtain an access coupon. We will send you the codes and keys to the coupon. Send the coupon code and the key to firstname.lastname@example.org. The training provider will then give you access to the course.
This course has not been reviewed yet