- Tutors available online.
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
Suitable for: SUITABLE FOR: This course is suitable for all students over the age of 17. Students can study on this course no matter where you are in the World. The course is made up of various units and each build up your knowledge base of the subject. Courses are all delivered in English.
Level 3 Diploma in Sociology
This Quality Assured Level 3 Diploma course offers a look at the major theoretical approaches in Sociology and also examines some of the issues that Sociologists are still working on today. Sociology is the study of Society and Social Institutions such as the family, mass media etc.
Most of us have common-sense assumptions of society that are based upon our everyday experiences but Sociology offers us a critical way of thinking about society and the way it works. It examines issues such as the mass media and why different newspapers offer different interpretations of stories. The study of Sociology will challenge common-sense assumptions, build upon already held assumptions about Society and thus enable you to make 'informed' opinions about social issues.
The Course is suitable for those in the Caring Professions but especially for those interested in Health, Welfare and Social Work Courses at Degree Level. This Diploma Level Course is aimed at those people who may be out of touch with formal education and are wishing to develop their learning skills to enable them to consider returning to more formal study in future. This course would also be suitable to study concurrently with Diploma in Psychology and/or Diploma in Counselling.
The course will contain the following topic areas:
- Module One - Introduction to Sociology
- Module Two - Theoretical Approaches to Sociology
- Module Three -Sociology and Common-sense
- Module Four - Culture and Identity
- Module Five - The Family
- Module Six - Gender Issues
- Module Seven - The Sociology of Religion
- Module Eight - Mass Media
- Module Nine - Research Methods in Sociology