- Tutors available online.
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
This qualification is designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above and it is a 240 credit qualification.
The course presents content related to generic management skills for those who are planning to, or already working in a health and social care management role. The course provides a flexible route for those who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level and for learners who do not have management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior experience the work place.
This level 5 management qualification relates to much of the knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards in management and Leadership (level 5)
On successful completion of this level 5 qualification you may wish to progress to a level 6 qualification within the same or allied field, or a degree programme in a higher education institution and claim exemptions for some of the units completed
Pre requisites for entry
You must have:
- prior study in Healthcare Management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care (QCF)
- other equivalent international qualifications
It is assumed that you have access to a health and social care environment in order to fulfil the assessment criteria of the course units.
Each unit will also provide you with referenced evidence and example further reading texts and web sites so that you can develop your knowledge and understanding further, independently of the course. There are no set text books for the course.