- Easy to follow
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
A career in the animal care or pet care industry appeals to those with innate love for pets and animals in general. If you adore the furry and the cuddly and care for the untamed, you may want to consider rendering assistance to veterinary doctors. A vet assistant course from ICI can guide you in the steps necessary to be a reliable and successful veterinary assistant.
Students will complete the following units:
· Introduction to animal and veterinary health care
· Animal health issues, illness and injuries
· Illness and disease identification and treatment
· Veterinary office management and administration
· Risk and safety management in animal care settings
· Animal first aid and injuries
· Preventative health care
· Pet / animal rehabilitation and nursing
· Routine health care treatments
· Anatomy and physiology
· Animal behaviour, perception and communication
· Animal genetics
· Animal social and instinct behaviours
· Animal handling and transportation
· Behavioural and abnormal animal behaviours
· Pet / Animal training
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a pet car and veterinary assistant work
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a pet care pro in months not years!
- Study a pet care / veterinary course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest-free payment plans
Veterinary assistants can take advantage of the increasing employment opportunities in this field. The number is predicted to grow even higher so by the time you finish the course, you can easily find a job as:
- Veterinary Assistant (veterinary technician, animal lab technician, veterinary assistant, animal hospital assistant)
- Pet Therapist, Groomer
- Pet Shop staff member or owner
- Animal Trainer, Groomer or Breeder (usually self employed)
- Animal Welfare Officer at Animal Shelters
- Zoo and Wildlife Park staff members.
ICI provides you with the information and training you need to be skilled in various aspects of the job. At the end of the course, you will be confident in helping veterinary doctors accomplish tasks like keeping records, examining animals for symptoms of illness or injury and even in giving comfort and support to pet owners when necessary. Enrol at ICI today and be a qualified vet assistant!
ADVANCED DIPLOMA $2088