- Full tutor support included
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
Tourism is a global industry hence a career in this industry can take you far, in every sense of the word. This is an introductory course and it gives you an understanding of the structure of the travel and tourism industries and the way they operate. The course also helps you develop highly sought after employability skills such as communication, personal effectiveness and the ability to work as part of a team.
This self-paced programme is available 24/7 providing you with the flexibility to train at the pace, location and time of your choosing. Accredited certificate from Ofqual's registered awarding body is available on course completion. College registration, tutor support, course materials and additional supporting material are all included in the course fee.
On course completion the learners should be able to;
- Explain the structure of the tourism industry;
- Investigate the social, cultural, economic and environmental impact of travel and tourism;
- Identify the essential personal skills required when working in the travel and tourism industry;
- Identify and describe tourism products;
- Explore the roles of tour operators and travel agents;
- Describe support facilities for travel and tourism;
This travel and tourism course is divided into three modules:
Module 1 - An Introduction to Travel and Tourism
Module 2 - Tourism Products and Services
Module 3 - Marketing in Travel and Tourism
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
- The benefit of applying for NUS extra Discount Card.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Staff Training Solutions you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.