- Engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials
- Make your own study schedule and take advantage of online tutoring hours
- Obtain a certified diploma once you finish the course.
The Understanding Epilepsy course aims to build on your understanding of what it means to have epilepsy and your caring experience. The course will suggest lots of ideas about how you can help people in your care who have this condition. The course has been written to be useful for staff to apply in their everyday work. It describes up-to-date practices in the care of people who have epilepsy. This is a fascinating area to work in, with new developments all the time. The course is suitable for staff working in hospitals, care homes, day centres, and in people’s own homes. This is reflected in the words used to refer to the people receiving care; ‘patient’, ‘resident’, and ‘client’ are used.
- Module 1: An introduction to the brain
- Module 2: Different epilepsy syndromes
- Module 3: Causes of epilepsy
- Module 4: Diagnosing epilepsy
- Module 5: Treating epilepsy
- Module 6: What to do when someone is having a seizure
- Module 7: Managing epilepsy
- Module 8: Impact of epilepsy on a person’s life
- Module 9: Supporting vulnerable people with epilepsy
- Module 10: Maintaining dignity and respect
- Module 11: Explaining the myths
- Module 12: Relevant UK legislation
ConditionsThanks to this offer, valid exclusively for one person, you will obtain an Understanding Epilepsy Online Course.
How to registerBy buying the course in Emagister Express, you will obtain an access coupon. We will send you the codes and keys to the coupon. Send the coupon code and the key to email@example.com. The training provider will then give you access to the course.
This course has not been reviewed yet