Course not currently available
In Llanelli ()
This is a two year level 3 programme which focuses on developing skills and creativity in fashion design and construction. The programme aims to develop learners’ creative and technical skills to enable them to gain employment within the field of fashion. Learners are encouraged to be independent, inquiring and capable of responding to set projects and developing self-initiated work. Programme content includes fashion design and illustration, textile and surface decoration, pattern cutting and construction and fashion photography and styling. Throughout the programme learners will visit galleries, trade fairs and exhibitions within the UK and abroad. Live projects and competitions form an important part of the course. Learners will complete a 90 credit Diploma in year 1 and subject to satisfactory progress a 120 credit Diploma or 180 credit Extended Diploma in year 2. As part of the programme learners will also complete Essential Skills and the Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification. Opportunities will also be provided for GCSEs in English, Welsh and Mathematics and for Welsh language development.
To take into account
Normally learners will require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C or above.
Or successful completion of a level 2 vocational qualification programme e.g. BTEC award, certificate, diploma or functional skills award.
Entry for mature learners without formal qualifications is at the discretion of the faculty.
All applicants are assessed on an individual basis and will be offered the opportunity to attend an interview with a portfolio of their work. Advisory interviews are available prior to application.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Skills and Training
- Construction Training
- Learners all have designated individual work space, with access to well-equipped work studio
- There will be workshops at the commercial centre which have valuable links with textile companies
- Learners participate in local and National competitions.
- Regular visits to exhibitions, galleries and trade fairs along with international visits.
- Final year learners exhibit their work at an end of year fashion show and exhibition.
- The programme provides an excellent basis for progression to higher education
- The College offers BA (Hons) Degree pathways in 9 subject areas including Fashion and Textiles with attractive bursaries for those that progress from this programme
- Careers directly related to fashion include; fashion design, textile design, accessories, marketing, promotion, styling, and visual merchandising.
There are designated assessment points throughout the year when coursework from completed units is assessed and internally verified against the unit grading criteria. External standard verifiers complete the assessment cycle through sampling.