GCSE Biology

In Birmingham

Price on request

Description

  • Duration

    1 Year

Description

GCSE Biology Centres: City Academy Saltley: Fordrough Campus: Length: 1 Year. Attendance: 3 hours per week. Start date: September. Times: Daytime and (Evening on Thursdays at Fordrough between 18:00 - 21:00). Qualification: AQA GCSE Biology. Entry Requirements: 16-19 year olds, wishing to study a full time GCSE programme, require 4 GCSE's at grade D or above. These must include a science subject.

Important information

Government funding available

Facilities

Location

Starts

Birmingham (West Midlands)
See map
Anthony Road Saltley, B8 3AA

Starts

On request
Birmingham (West Midlands)
Main Administrative Centre 300 Bordesley Green, B9 5NA

Starts

On request

To take into account

16-19 year olds, wishing to study a full time GCSE programme, require 4 GCSE's at grade D or above. These must include a science subject, maths and English. If you do not meet these requirements, or are aged over 19, you'll be asked to complete an initial assessment to help us make sure this is the right level course for you.

Questions & Answers

Ask a question and other users will answer you

Who do you want to respond to your question/enquiry?

We will only publish your name and question

Subjects

  • Biology

Course programme


GCSE Biology
Centres:
City Academy Saltley : Fordrough Campus :

Length:
1 Year

Attendance:
3 hours per week

Start date:
September

Times:
Daytime and (Evening on Thursdays at Fordrough between 18:00 - 21:00)

Qualification:
AQA GCSE Biology

Course Content:
The course includes the following. The human body system including cells, enzymes and human genetics; Maintaining good health, ecology and pollution; A Centre assessed practical unit

16-19 year olds will be expected to take at least 4 GCSE subjects as part of a full time programme and students will be entered for the foundation or higher tiers. Coursework accounts for 20% of the final mark and will be based on assessments made in the following areas. Planning experimental procedures, obtaining evidence, drawing conclusions and evaluating the evidence. The end of year written examination will account for the remaining 80% of the final mark. You can attend this course during the day at the women's academy or during the evening at the Bordesley Centre.

Progression:
Successful students with appropriate grades in GCSE subjects have progressed onto A Levels, an Access course or other vocational courses such as GNVQ or BTEC, others have obtained employment

What's the next step?

If you are sure this is the right course for you, you can either:
  • Complete an application form and return it to the Admissions Offices at either Handsworth Campus or Fordrough Campus
  • Come along to one of our main enrolment sessions


GCSE Biology

Price on request