This 14 module course teaches you everything from herbal first aid and how to treat or prevent common ailments. It touches on Bach Flower remedies and Chinese Herbal Medecines.
Suitable for: Anyone interested in becoming a herbalist.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
1. UNDERSTANDING HERBAL THERAPEUTIC ACTIONS
- The history of herbal medicine
- Traditional use of herbal medicine and its evolution over the years
- How do herbal medicines work?
- What is phyto-therapy?
- How safe are medicinal herbs?
- The advantages of herbal treatment
- Research into herbal medicines
- A definition of a herb
- Methods of classifying herbs
- Classifying herbs based on their properties
- Classifying herbs based on their usage
- Classifying herbs as per active constituents
- How to prepare herbal infusions, teas, ointments etc
- The principles of herbal therapy practice
- How to diagnose
- What is materia medica
- How can a materia medica be used
- Common ailments and their symptoms
- The best herbs to use for common ailments
- The different types of diagnosis
- Conducting patient interview
- Visual diagnosis
- Linking diagnosis and a person's constitutional characteristics
- The stages of the treatment process
- Emergency situations
- How herbs, drugs and food can interact
- Common illnesses in women
- Herbs for treatment of infertility in women
- Herbs for pregnant and nursing women
- Phytoestrogens and their use in treating menopausal effects
- Treatment of infertility and menopause
- Common illnesses amongst children and their herbal remedies
- Herbal medicines to build immunity and resistance
- Administering herbal remedies
- Herbal medicine for calming hyperactive children
- Why are herbal medicines a good first-aid option?
- Items to keep in a first-aid kit
- A herbal first-aid kit that can be used at home
- A herbal first-aid kit that can be used when travelling
- Common injuries and their first-aid treatment
- Treating skin disorders with herbal remedies
- Caring for your hair and skin with herbal remedies
- Herbal products for personal care
- Having a herbal bath
- The b enefits of using herbal products
- Having a healthy diet and following a dietary plan
- Using culinary herbs
- Clinical nutrition from a herbal perspective
- Illnesses commonly suffered by pets
- Common herbal remedies for pets
- Which herbs are not safe for pets
- How to give herbs to pets
- Licensed herbal veterinary medicines
- How to get started
- Using a telephone and answerphone
- Your equipment and materials
- A place to work - for administration and for consultations
- Where to practice?
- Useful reading
- What skills do you need?
- How to assess your strengths and weaknesses
- Getting prepared
- How will you position yourself?
- Sources of work
- Your website
- Making your website work
- Writing an e-book
- Leaflet drop
Seminars - Fee-charging seminars- Free seminars -
How to organize a seminar that wins you clients
- Using PR to get business
- Gaining referrals
- Advertising, the media and writing an ad.
- Growing your own herbs
- Outdoor herb gardening
- Indoor herb gardening
- How to dry herbs
- Herbs which are grown from a seed