Suitable for: Qualified Massage Therapists looking to extend their range of therapies.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Teachers and trainers (1)
Teacher and Therapist
Honey Massage is a therapeutic massage from ancient Tibet and is good for cleansing the whole body, stimulating and opening the energetic channels. Tibetan healers recognised the unique ability of honey to absorb toxins and to remove them from the skin. They used it to achieve a callisthenic effect and improve health. Honey removes polluted energy, improves blood circulation in tissues underneath the skin and muscles and improves the thermal regulation of the skin. Honey massage stimulates the lymph system and influences the whole central nervous system and flexibility of the spine.
During this workshop we will outline the theory and actions of Honey Massage. Participants will learn special massage techniques to manage the stickiness of the honey whilst performing a safe, pain-free massage. (Practised wrongly, Honey Massage can be surprisingly painful!)
Honey Massage represents an extremely effective method of treatment and preventive maintenance for intellectual and physical exhaustion, sleep disturbance and psychosomatic disorders. After a course of Honey Massage you will not only feel rested and renewed, but your skin becomes soft, its puffiness, roughness and pigmentation gradually disappear.
Aims of the course
- Outline the indications and contraindications for Honey Massage.
- Perform specialised massage techniques to the body.
- Recognise and identify conditions that benefit from Honey Massage.
- Identify various techniques to stimulate the circulatory and lymphatic system
- Demonstrate techniques to change the fascial structures and release adhesions
- Gain a knowledge of honey and its benefits.