Legal Secretarial Diploma
Blended learning in Guildford
Individuals who wish to gain essential office and computer skills to become a legal secretary.
Suitable for: To provide you with the essential skills to start a career as a legal secretary with confidence.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Designed for: Individuals who wish to gain essential office and computer skills to become a legal secretary.
Objectives: To provide you with the essential skills to start a career as a legal secretary with confidence.
· Computer Keyboard Skills – Learn how to touch type accurately, using the correct keyboard technique.
· Keyboard Speed Development – Develop your typing speed to improve productivity using graded copying exercises and timed dictations. A number of stages are available, taking you up to a speed of 70 wpm.
· Effective Business Communication – Learn to communicate effectively in business – by letter, email, telephone and personal presentations.
· Business Document Production – Develop skills and understanding of routine and complex business documents.
· Audio Transcription – Learn to type from audio dictation using a variety of correspondence e.g. memos, reports and letters.
· Microsoft Word – Learn word processing skills to a good business standard.
· Microsoft Word Expert – Learn advanced word processing skills including mail merge, graphs, macros, creating an index, table of contents and more.
· Microsoft Excel – Learn spreadsheet skills to a good business standard.
· Microsoft PowerPoint – Gain competency in creating slide presentations. Areas covered include formatting, inserting tables, pictures, sound, hyperlinks, and applying transition and timing effects to a slide show.
· Microsoft Outlook – Learn how to share, manage and schedule information electronically.
· Legal Secretarial – An Introduction – Gain an introduction to the work, responsibilities, practice, and structure of a legal office, including rules and guidelines, terminology, legal personnel, the court system and documentation covering different legal specialisations.
· Legal Secretarial Modules – TWO of your choice. Discuss the options (see Elective Subjects) available with your course advisor.
Recommended Electives – choose ONE:
· Legal Secretarial – Conveyancing
· Legal Secretarial – Wills & Probate
· Legal Secretarial – Criminal Law
· Legal Secretarial – Company Law
· Legal Secretarial – Family Law
· Legal Secretarial – Civil Litigation
· OCR examinations (participating centres only)
· Introduction to Computers
· Create, Manage and Integrate Files
· Internet Skills
· Microsoft Access
· Office 2007 Fast (Modules 1-3)
· Office 2007 Fast (Modules 4-6)
· Health and Safety Essentials
· Go–Make a Difference!
The above are recommended electives for this Diploma. Alternative subjects may be chosen. Please discuss the options with your Course Advisor.
Guideline Learning Time: 7 weeks full-time* (200 hours flexi study) * based on 20-30 hours a week
Legal Secretarial Diploma