This course covers all aspects of the locksmith trade.
Suitable for: All those wishing to embark on a career as a locksmith.
To take into account
Questions & Answers
£875 + VAT
Day 1 Agenda - Cylinders
- Health and Safety
- Cylinder Identification - Euro, Rim, Screw in, Scandinavian
- Garage Locks - Wafer Locks
- Profiles and Brands
- Stripping down a Rim cylinder
- Fitting and swapping a Rim cylinder, Euro cylinder & a Night latch
- Fresh fit of a Night latch and Rim cylinder
- Gaining entry to cylinders and garage locks -
- (Picking, battery, electric, mica, letter box tool snib & key extraction)
- Keys snapped in lock?
- Snapper tool & drill out
- Pin & Key alike rim cylinders & pinning kits
- 2/3 & 5 Lever Locks Identification
- 5 Lever British Standard to External door, for insurance purposes
- Why lock surveys are required to meet minimum insurance spec, window locks etc
- What makes a British Standard 5 lever lock
Number of combinations on levers
- Anti drill plate
- Anti saw bolt
- Anti Pick collar
- Striping down lever locks
- Identify the component
- Lever reading of locks
- Key cuts heights and key gauges
- Fit a 5 lever including the furniture from scratch into wood on vice or door if prepared
- Picking and Jigglers 2/3 & 5 levers
- Show 2 in 1 pick
- Making own picks with wires
- Drilling the bolt stump and a lever lift on most popular easy mortice lock
- UPVC Repairs.
- Handle Replacements and Identification.
- Scissor Hinges, replacement and measurements.
- Window furniture and locking mechanisms, mushrooms and hooksLocking mechanism.
- Door spreader kit and air wedge.
- Deglaze PVC Panel or glass and measure for a replacement.
- Toe and heel a door as not shutting or locking properly.
- Digi locks, different types and fresh fit demonstration.
- Reset the code on the digi lock.
- Side pick the unican digi lock as a lever lift.
- Service a digi lock.
- Create your very own locksmith bible and take measurements for over 20 of the most popular locks
- Measure bolt and stump and lever lift dependent of which side of the door the lock is placed
- Left or right?
- Identify the key features of the lock by the keyhole only
- Take the key gauge first
- Anti pick collar
- Colour of lock
- Dimples any distinguishing features
- Measure up and left or right in MM for the bolt stump and lever lift
- Cut your own blanks to throw the bolt on 5 of the most popular locks
- Strip out and reliever a Chubb 5 lever lock
- Make your own picks out of welding wire
- Drill out the bolt stump and drill for a lever lift on the 5 most popular locks
- Practise lifting and picking
- Practise 2 in 1 pick on an anti pick collar locks
- Pinning, key alike rim cylinders, plug followers all trainees to key alike 2 rim cylinders
- Master Keying system
- Cutting own house keys on key machine
- Written exam - To be organised
- Refresher, 1 to 1 and practise fore the dungeon after lunch
- Dungeon and Stopwatch
- 2 Lever, 3 Lever, Garage lock, 2 rim cylinders, padlocks, 7 pin, filing cabinet lock, Ingersoll opening, letter box tool on UPVC, and slip wooden door
- Certificate awards, tool sales, membership application and ID cards, plus premier line