Blended learning in Bath
Different dates available
Delivery of study materials
This Manicure course will teach you how to give a professional manicure including a French Manicure and a Luxury Manicure. You will also learn about nail conditions and contra-indications to treatment, together with how to complete complementary treatments such as a hand and arm massage. The additional elements of the Luxury Manicure process will include how to exfoliate and apply a mask.
The Academy has built a reputation of successfully training students to a high level instilling confidence and professionalism. This has enabled us to link up with CND to allow students to train with one of the leading product suppliers in Nail Technology and one of the first to introduce the coloured hybrid gel system (Shellac).
Students who therefore successfully complete this course will be registered with CND and can purchase CND products. Students will also be offered additional training in the CND hybrid gel system (Shellac) if they prefer.
Students are normally expected to supply the model(s) for the practical application. If a model cannot be provided, then please let the Academy know at the time of booking, so that the model(s) can be supplied by the Academy.
To take into account
Anatomy & Physiology If a valid accredited certificate is held then this element will not be required.
ACCREDITED CERTIFICATION: Guild of Nail Technicians (GNT) International Nail Association (INA) Guild of Beauty Therapists (GBT)
Questions & Answers
- Beauty Therapy
- Beauty Treatments
- Skin Care
- Skin conditions
- Hand Anatomy
- Personal Appearance
- British National Formula
- Beauty Therapist
- Nail Art
- Nail Technician
A theory module relating to the course is sent to the student prior to attendance. The time spent learning this module will be dependent on the student. There will be an exam based on this module conducted at the end of the practical training.
PRACTICAL: 1 day
You will learn about:
• Anatomy of Hands and Nails
• Nail Conditions
• Skin Conditions
• The importance of personal appearance
• Correct application of nail varnish/Shellac/ Vinylux
• Health, hygiene and safety
• Filing, cuticle work, buffing, cutting and shaping of the nails
• Procedure of a French manicure treatment
• Procedure of a full luxury manicure treatment
• Massage of arm, hand and nails
• Price structure
• Client care throughout treatment and aftercare
• Preparation of the client and work area
• Importance of using British National Formula (BNF)
• Setting up a Practice
• The importance of taking a full case history of your client will enable you to carry out prescriptive treatment for the individual