Suitable for: Managers, Supervisors, Safety Executives, Team Leaders, Supervisors etc. who hold the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Safely Qualification.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Course ContentAim of the course:
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 require that an employer must appoint one or more persons who are “competent in health and safety matters”. This nationally recognised qualification in health and safety is the most appropriate route for gaining sound initial training in occupational safety and health. It is the foundation course for people who wish to progress in health & safety practice or for managers with specific responsibilities with regard to this activity.Programme content:
- Legal system, civil/criminal law, powers of courts, tribunals etc, European Union
- Risk management and manual handling surveys - risk control measures and risk evaluation techniques
- Identifying and controlling hazards, machinery/manual handling/construction/confined spaces/electricity
- Occupational health risks and control, airborne dust/contaminants, monitoring and exposure limits
- Upper Limb Disorder (ULD) and causes, noise, vibration, COSHH (routes of entry) etc.
- Accident and investigation techniques plus the requirements of RIDDOR 95
- CDM – excavation, scaffolding and demolitions
- Fire prevention and control
- Communication techniques, report writing and consultation/safety committee requirements
- Course review and mock exams
- Practical assessment (half day)
- Written examinations (1 day)
10 days tuition (11½ days including practical assessment and two written exams) 9.30am - 4.30pmQualification:
On successful completion of the course, practical assessment and written exams, successful delegates will receive a certificate issued by NEBOSH.
Note: NEBOSH imposes strict deadlines for registering candidates for examinations.