Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Teachers and trainers (1)
Maureen Parrington won a scholarship to study piano and violin maureen_parringtonat the Royal College of Music with Bernard Roberts and Frances Mason She participated in Master Classes given by Paul Tortelier; Igor Ozim and Arthur Balsam. She was an official accompanist for the R.C.M. Junior Dept. for nine years and works as a free-lance pianist, accompanying string players and playing Chamber music.
On the PRIMARY courses the coaching sessions are slightly longer to enable increasingly advanced works to be studied.
In chamber music coaching sessions two works are studied and performed.
Musicianship classes cover a variety of topics including History, Composition, Improvisation, Form and Performance Exercises.
Dalcroze Eurhythmics addresses musicianship through a holistic approach engaging the whole body through movement.
Choral Singing (Preparatory and Primary) provides natural aural training for young musicians. Works are prepared and performed on each course.
In Orchestra students learn the disciplines of rehearsing and performing as members of a larger string group.
Each course ends with an Open Day of workshops and concerts, and on summer courses there is a Cream Tea Concert. All students perform in at least one concert.
- Fischer - Tafelmusik
- Gurlitt - Piano Trio in C Major
- Haydn - String Quartets: 0p 1 Nos 1,2 and 4: Op 2 No 5: Op 17 No 6
- Piano Trio in G Major "Gypsy Rondo"
- Twelve German Dances
- Klengel - Piano Trio Op 35 No 2
- Piano Trio Op 39 No 1
- Mazas - String Quartet in D major
- Mozart - String Quartets: K80: K155-157: K170
- Nardini - String Quartet No 5
- Pleyel - String Quartet in E minor
- Quartermain - Adagio for Piano Trio
- Shield - String Quartet Op3 No 2
- Soos - European Children Songs
- Summers - Folk Song Suite
- Wesley - String Quartet in D Major
Auditions for the International Chamber Music Academy are held across the country at times throughout the year.