Course not currently available
Product Design Labs
In Madrid ()
Are you interested in further studies in the field of product design? If so, this Master’s programme may be of interest to you.
In the Master of Product Design Labs students will learn how to research, develop and deliver a product to high technical and quality standards, using a methodology based on the project, to understand fully and in great detail the development of processes and industrial constraints.
By providing access to industry tools, innovative materials and manufacturing processes, we create the ideal working environment for students, so that they can anticipate the needs of the market, looking for alternatives to the usual methods of solving problems, encouraging critical thinking and social awareness.
Career opportunities: Senior designer. Design manager. Project manager. Product manager. Design consultant. Freelance designer.
Click on our website emagister.co.uk in order to find all the information related to the course. IED will inform you about the course without any obligation.
To take into account
Designers in any area, architects and engineers with academic and professional experience who want to specialize and materialize an idea with a specific product or project. It is recommended that participants arrive at the master with a project in mind, as it will provide the perfect time and place to carry it out. This programme has been devised with a multidisciplinary and international approach, set in the border between design and production.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Project Manager
- Product Design
The Master of Product Design Labs creates favourable conditions in which to achieve, over a year of learning and experience, the following objectives:
- Leading multidisciplinary teams during the production process.
- Establishing personal contacts with various professionals.
- Managing the logistics of a project.
- Conceptualizing, developing and communicating innovative ideas.
- Incorporating innovation, both conceptual and technological
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
- Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication...)
- Specific (socio-economic and needs analysis of users, anthropology, materials, production systems and processes, product launch processes, new technologies, projects)
- Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement…)
- Thesis / research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display...)
Why study the Master of Product Design Labs?
- Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
- Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy and communication.
- Because the multicultural environment between students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
- Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
- Because the programme is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
- Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
- Because the cultural activity during the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
- Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of Product Design Labs?
- Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
- The course is methodologically developed on the basis of:
- Creative workshops
- Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona and Paris-Boisbuchet.
- Seminars and lectures
- Case Studies
- Activities and cultural events
- Tutorials for the development of specific projects
- Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
Product Design Labs