To take into account
Recognized qualification in Anatomy and Physiology.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Teachers and trainers (1)
Dr Deepa Apte
Director and Head of Training
Dr Apté is a fully qualified Indian medical doctor (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery), a qualified Yoga teacher and a qualified Ayurvedic Practitioner. She lectures widely on Ayurveda and Yoga and regularly writes for and features in the press. She also lectures as a guest speaker at numerous international health and wellbeing exhibitions. As a post graduate University lecturer in the UK, Dr Apté is an experienced teacher with a knowledge which is second to none on both theoretical and practical aspects of Ayurvedic medicine and treatments.
The workshop is fully accredited by the CMA (Complementary Medical Association) and successful completion will lead to the award of an Ayurveda Pura Academy Certificate in Shirodhara. The workshop qualifies for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
- Introduction to principles of Ayurveda
- Explanation of the 3 Doshas or body types and their characteristics
- Determining ones Dosha type
- Short sequence of preShirodhara Ayurvedic face and head massage
- Important Marma points on the head and face that relate to different organs and systems of the body
- How to conduct a Shirodhara oil treatment singlehandedly using appropriate herbinfused oils and equipment
- How to adapt techniques and choose Ayurvedic oils to suit a client's body type and/or ailment
- Integrate this technique within your existing style of massage or therapy
- Treat clients suffering from various ailments (eg sleep disorders, stress and sinusitis)