In Glen Of Aherlow, South Tipperary (Ireland)
Glen of aherlow, south t... (Ireland)
This exciting workshop in the heart of the Irish countryside will help you develop your creative skills and explore your unique powers of expression.
Suitable for: Anyone with a desire to write, from beginners to experienced writers.
To take into account
* Bound notebook * Pen & a spare * Clipboard (optional).
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Write Now! Creative Writing in Ireland Course
What sort of writer are you? What sort of writer do you dream of becoming? Have you found your writing voice? If you have not written before, do you want to find out what that voice might be?
This residential creative writing retreat is the first to be held at Tig Roy Cultural Centre. This exciting workshop in the heart of the Irish countryside will help you develop your creative skills and explore your unique powers of expression. The course incorporates exercises that enable you to access the conscious and unconscious mind to free the imagination and develop the voice that is uniquely your own. This weekend course will include:
- Four 2.5 hour workshops.
- Techniques to start writing or develop work-in-progress.
- A chance to initiate pieces that lead to more extended works of prose or poetry.
- The opportunity to have writing done in the workshop read and discussed.
- Open Mic evening session for those who wish to share work already written (voluntary)
Tig Roy is situated in the beautiful Glen of Aherlow, South Tipperary, in the foothills of the Galtee Mountains, the highest inland range of mountains in Ireland. The area is noted for its breathtaking scenery.
Rooms are shared, with 2 people to a room. Single rooms are limited and early booking is strongly advised.
The area is noted for its spectacular hill-walking
How to get there
- Air: If you are coming from the UK, there are Ryan Air flights from London Stanstead to Cork or Shannon.
- Train: There are regular trains to Limerick Junction from Dublin and Cork.
- Road: If you need road directions on 31 August, please call us.
Transport from Cork or Shannon Airports
Tig Roy is approximately an hour and a half from either airport. Cork: You can catch a bus to Limerick City or train to Limerick Junction which is approximately 8 miles from Tigh Roy. Shannon: There is no train service from here, but you can take a bus to Limerick City, then a taxi to Tig Roy
Residential course members can book in after 3.00PM on Friday. David Wilson, my course administrator, will be on hand to welcome you. Our first dinner together will be served at 7.30PM. There won't be any tuition on Friday night, just Tig Roy's fantastic food and the chance to get to know each other a little before the course kicks off on Saturday morning. I would encourage all non-residential members to join us for this meal as it's a relaxed way to be introduced to the course, myself and the other participants.
Open Mic Night
After dinner on Saturday, 21 August there will be the opportunity to share prepared work. If you wish to participate in the Open Mic session, you will need to bring bring photocopies which will be returned to you.
Word limit: 1300
What is Included
- 2 nights' full board at Tigh Roy for course residents
- Course fee for workshops
- Tuition, two lunches and two evening meals for non-residents.
- Flights to/from Cork or Shannon
- Ground transportation to/from Tig Roy
- Personal travel insurance.