Diver Medic - QualifyingKawns Safety Services Ltd
- In 2 locations
Diver Medic (Qualifying)
This is a qualifying course for potential diver medics.
For divers who have a responsibility to provide advanced medical care on site during diving operations.
Delegates will be provided with the advanced medical care skills using the scale of medical equipment required by law during diving operations.
The course is of 10 days duration and includes modules on:
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Diver Medic
- Maintenance of medical records & reporting procedures
- Rules Concerning Disclosure of Patient Information
- Treatment of marine animal injuries
- Treatment for underwater electric shock
- Resuscitation Utilising the Resuscitator & Suction apparatus
- Use and Application of a Tourniquet
- Administer Entonox Analgesic Gas
- Administration of pain relieving drugs
- Administration of an Intravenous Infusion (IVI) & Urethral Catheter
- Use of Burn Relief Packs
- Methods of Immobilising Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Treatment of a Casualty Suffering from Extremes of Environmental Temperature
- Use of Casualty Handling Methods and Equipment
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology of the Human Body
- Medical Examination on a Patient
- Recognise, Diagnose and Treat Dental Conditions
- Emergency treatment of a casualty in simulated situations
- Diagnosis and Treatment of a Specific Illness, Disease or Injury
- Secondary care procedures
- Procedure for insertion of chest drain
- Basic Pharmaceutical Preparations
- Medical Aspects of Sea Survival
- Wound Care
- Wound Closure
- Maintain a Fluid Balance Chart
- Use of AED
- General Maintenance of Medical Stores
- Obtaining External Medical Assistance
- Techniques for handling casualty at ECM unit Comprehensive understanding of diving medicine
The delegates will be given practical training and be required to attend an accident and emergency department during the course as a mandatory part of their training.
Is the course assessed?
Yes, there is a two hour multi choice paper and three practical assessments during the course. The certificate will last for three years.
Is the course accredited?
THIS IS A PILOT COURSE WHICH WILL BE ASSESSED BY THE IMCA.
Where can I attend a course?
The course is delivered at our premises in Gosport by doctors and medics with extensive experience in diving medicine off shore and in the Royal Navy.(see below for dates). By arrangement we can provide you with bespoke in-house courses to suit your specific training needs.
Cost per Person: £630 + vat. Cost per group (minimum 4 persons) £3960 + vat All course documentation and resources are included in the course fees. Accommodation can be arranged and will be charged separately from the course fees, please ask for details.