Legal SecretaryDCA Home Learning
- Distance Learning
Suitable for someone looking for a qualification as a basis for further study
Legal Secretary Level 2 Certificate, City and Guilds
What you'll learn on the course
Legal Secretary Level 2 - ILEX / City & Guilds
The Legal Secretary Level 2 Certificate consists of 3 Modules.
DCA Module 1 Legal English
This unit is designed to give students a solid foundation for the two units which follow. It covers all of the terminology which you will need to be familiar with in the role of Legal Secretary and the wider legal profession.
• Within this unit you will develop strong understanding of legal terms and develop proofreading skills
DCA Module 2 Legal Word Processing
This aim of this unit is to enable the student to develop the knowledge and skills to accurately produce documentation appropriate for the legal and business environments. Students will become familiar with word processing techniques, audio typing processes, legal document layouts and legal terminology. Within this unit you will:
• use word processing software to create and amend legal and professional business documents
• learn and use word processing skills to produce legal documentation
DCA Module 3Working in the Legal Environment
This aim of this unit is to enable students to develop the knowledge and skills to understand and operate in different organisational structures and be aware of how relevant legislation, regulations and procedures apply to the legal and business environments. Students will also develop an understanding of working relationships, effective communication skills and internal and external customer service.
Within this unit, you will be required to:
• explain the different organisational structures that exist within different businesses including legal offices
• identify the different branches of the legal profession and explain the roles of key personnel within a legal office
• explain the role and responsibilities of the legal secretary
• describe the relevant legislation, policies and procedures that apply to the business environment
• plan and prioritise own workload and describe the benefits of effective team working
• describe the importance of establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships