Paediatric First AidHopes and Dreams
- Islington, London
The Paediatric First Aid Course
The Paediatric First Aid Course is recognised by Sure Start and OFSTED as giving a sound knowledge and understanding of first aid procedures generally but, in particular, to parents and persons working with children.
The certificate, valid for three years, will be awarded to successful participants.
- First Aid in the childcare environment
- Recovery position
- CPR - adult, child and baby
- Choking - adult, child and baby
- Burns and scalds
- Head and spinal injuries
- Foreign bodies in eyes, ears and nose
- Bites and stings
- Eye injuries.
- Bleeding and wounds
- Shock management
- Fractures and dislocations
- Epilepsy and febrile convulsions
- Anaphylactic shock
- Electrical shock
- Conditions of heat and cold
- Sickle Cell Anaemia.