Primate Conservation (African Monkeys) - DiplomaCompass Education and Training
Price on request
- Short course
- Distance Learning
Diploma in Avian Studies Primate Conservation (African monkeys)
This course has been prepared primarily for a prominent African monkey conservation charity (CERCOPAN) but is also available to members of the public or anyone interested in working in a voluntary pr paid capacity with primate conservation. The first module is the same as the primatology certificate so any body who has already completed that course would be given exemption from doing it again. This course is also introduced by Prof Simon Bearder of Oxford Brookes University. (price band B) (level 2)
1. What is a primate. This module is almost identical to the first module on the primatology certificate but sets the scene by providing all the necessary background information.
2. Old World primates. African primates are discussed, characteristics, diet, habitats and populations form this module.
3. Primate behaviour. A basic understanding of primate behaviour is essential if anybody is intending working with these animals in a conservation role.
4. Ecological principles. Some of the major problems in maintaining population numbers comes from human impact on habitats. This module explains some of the wider and long term effects.
5. The primate environment. Following on from the last two modules this deals with how primates interact with their surroundings.
6. Conservation. Finally the course looks at the work of conservation and how the problem is being addressed.