In Twyford Moors
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
This first day will teach you the core of VectorWorks. Starting with use of the basic toolset through worked examples you will be able to create and edit a 2D drawing and also understand the basics of organisation. Also, you will grasp the use of graphical styles and outputs in presenting your drawings. Applicable to all disciplines.
- Overview of Vectorworks
- Setting up the preferences
- Basic 2D tools - lines, rectangles and arcs
- 2D selection tool - selection, moving and resizing
- Navigation - pan, zoom and other viewing tools
- Attributes - line weight, style, colour and fill colour and options
- Page set-up - paper size/orientation , scale and units
- Templates and setting the default drawing
- Accurate drawing - snaps/constraints
- Numeric entry
- Worked examples - window, door and staircases
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Using layers, classes, sheets and viewports
- Double line techniques for walls, roads, etc.
- Manipulating & making surfaces - add, clip, intersect surface, compose
- 2D reshape for maninpulating surfaces and multiple lines, etc.
- Supervised work on own drawings