Blended learning in Gloucester
Suitable for: Occupationally experienced and competent staff to prepare them to assess the competence of staff in their work role.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Course content: The A1 assessor award will enable an assessor candidate to become a work-based assessor.
An Introductory study day introduces the award and provides the assessor candidate with the underlying principles to enable them to start the assessment process.
Assessor candidates will then need to complete the following processes with two learners: in the workplace.
- Establish and review an assessment plan relevant to the individual learner
- Interpret national standards
- Collect and judge performance evidence normally by observation in the workplace
- Collect and judge knowledge evidence normally by questioning the learner
- Monitor learner’s progress
- Make sound assessment decisions and provide feedback to learners
- Record the assessment process
The evidence for your award will be generated from the assessment of at least 2 NVQ units by each learner.
Usual Duration: 1 day work shop plus one to one tutorials and professional discussions over a period of about 3 –4 months.
Delivery: A programme of learning and assessment to compile a portfolio of evidence of the knowledge and practice of assessing.
As part of this course learners are entitled to
- An individual programme of learning according to your needs
- Visits to your workplace negotiated upon need
- One-to-one support as required
- Any work to be reviewed to be returned within two weeks
- A certificate awarded
- Review of progress every three months
- Easy contact with Rapido including out of office hours
- Opportunities for you to tell us what you think of our service
- Support to enable you to achieve within 3-12 months