Understand the benefits of an appraisal. Confidently plan and prepare for a successful appraisal. Tackle performance problems effectively. Develop communications and listening skills during the appraisal. Motivate staff to perform better. Understand how to set clear objectives.
Suitable for: Individuals who are new to appraisals or have limited experience in this area. General Managers, Line managers, or those responsible for carrying out reviews of performance management and staff development.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
An appraisal is an opportunity to review an individual's performance. This course provides delegates with an understanding of how to complete a useful and valuable appraisal.
- The purpose and benefits of appraisals and reviews
- Aligning appraisal reviews with organisational success
- Effective planning & preparation for the Appraisal or review
- Understanding the importance of the organisation's competencies for staff appraisal and development
- Communication and listening skills
- Reviewing current performance to previous performance
- Providing motivational feedback
- Setting SMART Objectives