Why learn Arabic?
Learning any new language is a rewarding and fulfilling experience – and one that it’s never too late to start.
Learning to speak Arabic will let you communicate with almost 300 million native speakers around the globe. Arabic is also the language of Islam and the Qu’ran, and is therefore understood by Muslims throughout the world. So, not only will speaking Arabic make it easier if you’re travelling in the Middle East, it’s also a great way to make friends and get to know people wherever you are.
But whether it’s for travel and leisure, to improve your employment prospects, or purely for pleasure, learning Arabic will without doubt be one of the most satisfying things you’ll ever do.
Best of all, it could be easier to learn to speak Arabic than you think. Even if you’re starting from scratch, you’ll begin to see the results almost immediately, making it instantly rewarding.
Everything you need to know when you’re abroad
Imagine being in the Middle East and being able to speak and understand the language? Well, we can help you to do just that.
Engaging audio lessons will introduce you to everyday situations and scenarios, whilst the bilingual recordings will have you speaking the language within minutes.
This step by step course will teach you to:
- Respond and communicate when you meet people for the first time
- Order food and drink
- Start a conversation and get to know someone
- Talk about family and friends
- Find your way around and ask for directions
- Talk about your home and where you live
- Hire a car and go sightseeing
Choosing to learn with Linguaphone is the ideal way to take your first steps towards speaking Arabic with confidence. The course is designed to be easy and enjoyable, following Linguaphone’s popular ‘listen, understand and speak’ methodology.
- 30 bilingual audio lessons – downloadable in MP3 format
- A full-colour guide in PDF format which can be downloaded to your laptop or Smartphone
- A printable vocabulary sheet for ease of use
- Online study – access your lessons from anywhere in the world
By the end of the course you will have mastered over 500 new words and be able to handle everything from greetings and everyday vocabulary to pronunciation and grammar.
Advantages of this course
Learning a foreign language is more than just something that will look good on your CV or come in handy when you’re travelling. In fact, research shows that there are far more benefits than you’d imagine:
- It boosts brain power and sharpens the mind – the techniques needed to learn another language mean people who speak more than one language have keener, more alert minds and are more perceptive than those that don’t
- It builds self-confidence – mastering a new skill and being able to communicate in a different tongue naturally increases self-confidence
- It develops the ability to multi-task – learning to switch between two systems of speech enables multilingual people, especially children, to become skilled multitaskers in other areas too
- It improves memory and other brain functions –the brain is like a muscle. The more it’s used, the better it works
So why not book an Arabic course today – and say as-SALAM ALAYKOM to learning an exciting new language?
- Say hello (good morning, good afternoon, or good night)
- Say what your name is
- Understand many useful Arabic words
- Say hello and goodbye, please and thank you
- Attract peoples attention
- And, above all, make the most of a small amount of language
Do you live in... ?
- Introduce yourself
- Say what nationality you are
- Say where you live
- Ask people about themselves
- Start up conversations
- Talk about members of your family
- Give their names and say how old they are
- Ask whether certain facilities are nearby
- Ask the way
- Understand what people say in reply
- Ask and talk about a house or flat
- Say what rooms there are
- Say whether you like it.
- Say what region you live in
- Tell people what there is to see there
- Give an opinion of it
- Learn how to hire a car
- Revise what you've learned in units 1-7