2. Course description If you're a model engineering enthusiast or someone who is eager to learn how to make or repair model railways, to construct and assemble clock components or spare parts for cars, motor bikes or bicycles, this course is for you! Whether you're a beginner or someone with previous knowledge and skills; all that's needed is interest and enthusiasm.
Different dates availableNow taking bookings
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Model Engineering
- Engineering Skills
3. Entry requirements There are no entry requirements associated with this course.
4. Equipment required You should bring safety glasses with you if you have them, but they will be provided for those who do not have any. Overalls and sturdy shoes/safety boots must be worn - the wearing of trainers will not be permitted in the workshop environment. You will need to source and supply most of your own materials for this course. Castings for model steam locomotives and clock components are usually found in modellers magazines. Some minor materials may be available for purchase at low cost from the tutor. You will be able to use a small welding workshop with heat treatment resources. Other available machinery include: Centre lathes Myford 7, Harrison M300, Colchester student - six others of this size- Harrison M400), vertical milling machines (5 machines available, some with digital readouts), horizontal milling machines (2 available), grinding machines (1 surface grinder, 2 bench grinders for tool sharpening). TermlyThis is a termly course, meaning it is part of a series of three individual courses each lasting one term. Students who have completed the first term receive priority over other applicants. Students wishing to enrol on all three terms at once may do so by calling 01225 350035.
5. Assessment method Assessment is informal, based on your personal targets and the learning outcomes and will be undertaken regularly with you by the course tutor. There are no final qualifications associated with this course.
1. Qualification detail Qualification name Non regulated Community Learning provision, Engineering Awarding organisation Generic award - no awarding body Course type Part time Course start date 02 May 2017 Price £127.00 Funding information Advanced Learner Loans available Attendance pattern Evening