Blended learning in Hull
Different dates available
For engineers with qualifications that have been expired more than 12 months. Discounted packages available for popular appliances taken at the same time.
To take into account
To have previously held an ACS Core Domestic Gas Safety certificate that expired between 12 months and 5 years ago.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Gas Safety
Teachers and trainers (2)
The Core Domestic Gas Safety CCN1 five day training course, plus appliances includes training and assessment on the following:-
- CCN1 - Core Domestic Gas Safety.
- CENWAT - Central Heating Boilers & Water Heaters.
- CKR1 - Cookers.
- HTR1 - Space Heaters. (Includes Gas Fires & Wall Heaters)
- CPA1 - Flue Gas Analyzers. (Included in the CCN1 since 1st April 2012)
This course is designed for experienced gas engineers with qualifications that have lapsed for more than 1 year.Course Outline
The subjects that will be covered in the duration of the course are as follows:-
- Gas Safety Legislation.
- Tightness Testing & Purging.
- Pressures & Gas Rates.
- Pipework Installation & Defects.
- Gas Safety Controls.
- Flue Installation & Defects.
- Flue Gas Analyzers.
- Unsafe Situations.
The assessment process is broken up into two parts, a theory and a practical. The candidate is required to undertake the following:-Theory
- There are a total of 7 exam papers and all answers are Multi-Choice.
- 6 Papers are Open Book and 1 paper is Closed Book.
- All theory papers are on answer sheets and NOT on a computer.
- The practical tasks that a candidate are asked to perform replicate work that a Gas Engineer is likely to undertake during his/her working life.
- Each task is observed by one of our Assessors who give clear instructions as to the requirements of the task.
- The practical is also Open Book and all Manufacturers Instructions are provided throughout the entire assessment process.
Once all Theory and Practical aspects have been completed and checked by our Assessors and been processed by our Quality Assurance team, your paperwork will be sent off to our Awarding Body for final approval. Once our Awarding Body have processed your paperwork a Certificate will be issued. Delivery of your Certificate may take up too 1 month.