For those who wish to further a career in financial and business management, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification is ideal.
Recognised and respected throughout the world, the CIMA qualification offers you the opportunity to develop not only accountancy skills, but also key decision making, management, strategic and analytical skills.
These skills will be your passport to professional success in a variety of business fields including commerce, financial services, consultancy, government, the public sector and manufacturing.
There are a number of entry routes which take into account previous school leaver and graduate qualifications and allow you to study for the CIMA qualification, provided you are 18 or over. You will need to have reached a good standard in mathematics and English before commencing your studies.
CIMA exam dates
Exams usually take place in May and November
Registration with CIMA
Students who wish to sit CIMA examinations must register as a student with CIMA. You will then be sent an exam entry form to register for exams. Enrolment on an LCA course does not register you with CIMA.
- C1 Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- C2 Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- C3 Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- C4 Fundamentals of Economics for Business
- C5 Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law
Award for passing the 5 exams at Certificate Level:
Certificate in Business Accounting
- P1 Management Accounting Performance Evaluation
- P2 Management Accounting Decision Making
- P4 Organisational Management & Information Systems
- P5 Integrated Management
- P7 Financial Accounting and Tax Principles
- P8 Financial Analysis
Award for passing the 6 exams at Managerial Level:
CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting
- P3 Management Accounting - Risk & Control Strategy
- P6 Management Accounting - Business Strategy
- P9 Management Accounting - Financial Strategy
TOPCIMA - Test of Professional Competence in Management Accounting (Case Study)
Award for successful completion of examinations at Strategic / TOP CIMA level: Passed Finalist Certificate. Passed Finalists may then become Members of CIMA after a period of relevant work experience.
Some qualifications may offer you exemptions and enable you to enter at an advanced stage of the syllabus. Contact CIMA for further information.