Executive PA Diploma - CPD accredited
Different dates available
This consists of 2 courses - PA Diploma course and Executive PA Diploma course. These courses include Microsoft Training to Advanced level, touch typing and audio typing. The practical element is in the PA course while soft skills are in the Executive PA course.
To take into account
Once completed, the student will have the knowledge and necessary skills to deal with all levels of management. They also have an insight in Social Media, Project management, Events and HR function.
The course is ideal for those looking to further their career; those from other sectors looking to move into another role; those looking to achieve a Diploma and companies looking to train their staff.
A good command of Engish is required for the course; also a basic knowledge of Word and keyboard skills although these will be strenghtened on the course.
Executive PA Diploma, PA Diploma, Microsoft Office to Intermediate level and to Advanced level.
The course is tutor-led in a classroom environment. Students are given the opportunity to discuss problems they have encountered or situations can be discussed; a solution to the problem can always be found.
On the same day, Souters will send to the potential student an information pack. This will give a short history of Souters, list of the subjects that will be covered on the course, schedule, registration form and a map.
Yes. Souters work closely with recruitment companies who will send us vacancies weekly also companies will approach us directly for any suitable graduate. These jobs can be found on our website and on our notice board.
Yes. Souters offers instalment payment. This is done, together with the student, and an instalment plan is drawn up that best suits the student.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
What you'll learn on the course
- Business Communication
- Minute Taking
- Telephone Skills
- Dealing with complaints
- Delegating Skills
- Management theory
- Work planning
- Organising meetings
- Office politics
- Social Media
- Touch Typing
- Audio Typing
- Microsoft Office to Advanced level
- Interface with HR
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
Teachers and trainers (2)
- Job functions of a PA/Secretary
- Diary Management
- Business Letter Writing foundation
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and E-mails
- Telephone skills
- Making Travel/Hotel Arrangements
- Organising meetings
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Invoicing/Petty cash
- Client Care
- Complaint Handling
- Work Planning
- Document Presentation and proofreading
- Confidence building
- CV Development
- Touch Typing
- Microsoft Office - 3 modules to Intermediate level
- Transition from PA to Executive PA or EA
- Business letter writing for Exec PA’s
- Document presentation and proofreading
- How to take a lead role in meetings
- Tips on taking of minutes
- Audio transcription (optional)
- Typing enhancement (optional)
- Microsoft Office - 2 modules at Advanced level
- Confidence building to deal with executive level environments
- Synchronising your role with that of your executive
- Setting priorities, managing your role / career to meet executive’s needs
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
- Introduction to Management theory
- Styles of management
- Relationship with your executive/s; how can you provide effective support
- Effective communication skills
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Different questioning styles; how to use questions effectively
- Office politics – how to handle this
- Explanation of the role of social media in the modern executive arena
- Overview of Project Management and Event Management for EA’s
- Communicating and negotiating, win-win solutions; this can be internal or external
- Human resources - EA as interface with this function
Developing relationships throughout the organisation
- Understanding other people at work; what do they really think?
- Understanding how to handle stakeholders and their importance to your role
- Passive vs aggressive vs assertive
- Saying "no" is sometimes necessary
- Take control of your career and advance your career with a clear plan
- Build your map for the future.