Foundation Advanced Diploma in ICT (Web Design + Desk Top Publishing)
This qualification is well recognised which provides the knowledge and skill towards web page designing, Presentation, Desktop Publishing, Internet & Email that will lead to employment. This course can lead you onto Pre Degree Foundation Studies in ICT Level 3, which will then finally lead to degree.
Suitable for: If you have some basic knowledge of computer applications and you want further to improve your skills towards web development and graphic designing then this course will help you.
To take into account
G.C.S.E.s (or equivalent) are preferable. Students should have a basic knowledge of mathematics and a good understanding of English. You should have a positive attitude and be self-motivated.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Semester - 1Desktop Publishing (Unit 008)
- What is Publisher?
- Tips for designing good publications.
- Identify the common paper sizes: A3, A4, A5, A6
- Identify the reasons for using columns in a page layout
- Identify the difference between landscape and portrait orientation
- Graphic Scaling Mirror/Crop/Rotate
- Creating an advertisement
- Creating a multi-column publication
- Creating a flyer using Wizards, Identify the importance of checking the available memory (RAM) and storage space before creating DTP files
- What is PowerPoint?
- The PowerPoint workspace.
- Normal view, outline pane, slide pane.
- Slide sorter view, slide show.
- Basic cursor and pointer types.
- The ruler, Mouse operations.
- Sales presentation, Report presentation
- Charts presentation, Org/chart presentation
- Tips for designing good presentations.
- Opening existing files and saving your work.
- Identify the equipment required to use the Internet, hardware, telephone connection, computer, modem, Internet access account, software
- Describe terminology associated to the Internet
- e-mail, , FTP, WWW, HTTP, HTML, URL, browser, ISP and homepage
- Explain Internet basics. Connect to the Internet
- Locate information
- Use basic e-mail via the Internet
- Use e-mail software to, create e-mail messages
- Send e-mail messages, retrieve e-mail documents.
- Read e-mail messages, delete e-mail messages
- Forward e-mail messages, open attached files
- Attach files to e-mail messages, save and print e-mail
- Use an e-mail file management system
- Describe what factors determine efficiency when sending and receiving e-mail messages
- Identify the elements of an e-mail address
- Describe e-mail as an electronic mail box
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using e-mail compared to other conventional methods of communication
- Identify different ISP providers
Semester 2Website Design (Front Page) (Unit 208)
- Describe and apply the basics of web page development
- Undertake user requirements analyses
- Use appropriate development tools to implement web pages
- Test web sites
- Use graphics software to create and manipulate images on web pages
- Publish and maintain web sites
- Prepare for the use of Information Technology
- Describe the reasons for importing elements of a DTP publication from different applications software
- Describe different graphic file formats and copyright issues that may arise from their use CompuServe .gif, .tif, .jpeg, bitmap .bmp, vector
- Access and retrieve electronically stored information
- Identify and Retrieve Graphical Images
- Describe in simple terms means of creating reproducible colours using colour component models:
- RGB (red, green, blue), CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black)
- Describe the reasons for saving a publication layout in a format suitable for multiple future use
- Produce the Required Graphical Images by Manipulating
- Output the Graphical Images to the Required Destination
- Create, save and use a new presentation/slideshow template
- Add text to a presentation/slideshow from various sources, and control its attributes
- Add graphics to a presentation/slideshow from various sources, and control its attributes
- Add animation and multi-media objects to a presentation/slideshow
- Modify existing text and graphics, separately and in combination
- Produce hardcopy from, and viewer versions of, a presentation/slideshow
- Create, save and edit both a Presentation controlled by a pointing device, and an
- Automatically-timed Slideshow
- Explain the benefits of integrated applications (timesaving, accuracy)
- Input spreadsheet into word processing documents
- Input database query results into word processing documents
- Describe the benefits of using mail merge
- Combine data from different applications
Assessment and Qualification you will achieve: Practical assignments and multiple-choice questions assess course. You will obtain the City & Guilds 7262 scheme Diploma for Information Technology users. You will study Website Designing, Desktop Publishing, Presentation, Integrated Applications, Internet and Email.
What are the opportunities for further studies? On completion of Diploma you can progress onto Pre Degree Foundation Studies in ICT or onto other appropriate College course. Advice on opportunities for further study will be provided during your course.