Freelance Journalism Level 3 Award – Endorsed
Different dates available
Delivery of study materials
This freelance journalism Level 3 course is designed for people who wish to gain or improve their skills in journalistic writing and marketing their copy to a range of printed media.
To take into account
The objective of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to produce professional standard journalistic articles and to know how to market them. During the course students will examine and practice the four main questions of journalism: WHAT to write, HOW to write it, WHICH techniques to use and, WHERE to submit your work.
This home learning course in massage is aimed at students with a keen interest in the beauty sector.
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria: Be aged 16 Years or above Possess a solid knowledge of the english language Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course Basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc Have a genuine desire to succeed
ABC QLS – Level 3 Freelance Journalism Award – Certificate of Achievement At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details all of the units you have completed as part of your course). ABC Award The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme & is offered in partnership with Kendal Publishing. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future.
Students are able to enrol online at any time of the year. No specific enrolment dates.
Once your information is received one of our course advisers will provide you with further information via email or telephone.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Achievements for this centre
What you'll learn on the course
- Freelance Journalism
- Massage Therapy
- Health Management
- Client Management
- Level 3
Teachers and trainers (1)
Allocated Upon Enrolment
The course is divided up into 8 units, as follows:
8 tutor marled assignments to complete.
1 : Introduction
- What can this course do for you?
- Why do we need content?
- How is style arrived at?
- How do we know what an editor wants?
- Where is analysis important?
- Keeping records
- What the editor wants
- How to analyse
- What the reader wants
3 : Content
- What do I write?
- Why do I need to find ideas?
- How do I save time and trouble?
- When do some themes not sell?
- Where is interviewing a factor?
4 : Style
- How do I write?
- Why do I need to find the right tone?
- How do I use the basics well?
- When do I use structure?
- Where is re-writing a factor?
- What techniques will help me sell my work?
- Why do I need new angles?
- How do basic techniques help?
- When is the “writer’s dozen” valuable?
- Where is self-discipline a factor?
6 : Practical Matters
- What is defamation?
- Why is reputation important?
- How do I avoid libel?
- When is copyright important?
- Where are photographs a factor?
7: Fiction Writing
- What do editors not want?
- Why is market analysis valuable?
- How do I undertake market analysis?
- When is plotting useful?
- Where is characterisation a factor?
8 : No Excuses – Verse, Criticism and Sports Writing
- What is critical writing?
- Why does verse usually not sell?
- How do I see about income tax?
- When is executive writing used?
- Where are expenses a factor?
Learners will be required to complete a series of tutor marked assignments ( normally 1 after each unit) as they progress through this course. Each assignment will contain a variety of tasks/questions. These assignments are assessed by your tutor to monitor progress. You will be provided with constructive feedback to help you in completing each unit to the required standard.