IMIS Professional Qualifications in MIS – Graduate Diploma
The Institute of Management Information Systems (IMIS) is the leading professional association in the Information Systems management sector. It has consistently played a prominent role in fostering greater understanding of the importance of IS management, working to enhance the status of those engaged in the profession, and promoting higher standards through better education and training in the UK and overseas. IMIS focuses specifically on the practical application and management of information systems within society. IMIS is known for its focus on practical issues
involved in the use and management of IT. IMIS programmes go beyond purely technical aspects looking at how and where technology will be used.
What are the Entry requirements?
• IMIS Higher Diploma in Management Information Systems
• British Computer Society (BCS) Examination Part I
• BTEC HND in Computer Studies
• BTEC HNC in Computing and 2 years IT experience
• UK degree (any discipline) and 1 year IT experience
• Other qualifications acceptable to the IMIS
When can I commence study?
• Full-time: September, January and June each year
• Part-time: September, January and June each year
• Distance Learning: Not Applicable
What will I study?
• Human and Computer Aspects
• Database Design
• Information Systems Engineering
• Business, Systems and Strategy
Any particular sequence/combination? • No
Any Exemptions? • None
How is the course assessed?
• By external examination administered by the IMIS
• Module FO 4 is examined by a Devolved/Internal Assessment
Any deadlines I should know about?
Yes, you MUST register and enter for the IMIS Exams by:
• 1st October for the December Examination
• 1st April for the June Examination
What next after the course?
• Proceed to the British Computer Society (BCS) professional Exams.
• Proceed to University or College Education (exemptions may apply)
• Take up employment at senior level within Information Management/IT
Can I combine this with another course?
• Yes, Strategic Management and Leadership related courses will be useful.