Introduction to Adobe Photoshop - Live online training
Delivery of study materials
Adobe Photoshop is the de facto standard for high-end image creation and manipulation. Introduction to Adobe Photoshop training, hosted by Armada Training Solutions, covers key tools and features, including colour correction, working with layers, compositing images and preparing images for use on the Web.
This course is a hands-on and practical training. The trainers will teach you the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step, and you practice the techniques taught on your computer.
Remote training lets you join a live Photoshop course from your place of work or home.
-See and hear our trainer and other virtual delegates participating in the Photoshop training.
-Allow our trainer and the other virtual delegates to see and hear you (if you have a webcam, and you’re agreeable).
-Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
-Share your screen with our trainer to show them what you’re seeing.
Your experience will be as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
-The training will follow the same syllabus as our classroom-based Introduction to Photoshop courses.
-It will be presented by the same Adobe Certified Instructors.
-We’ll post you a training guide, and send you all the information you need to participate in the training. We’ll even post you a headset and microphone if you need one.
-You’ll receive the same e-certificate confirming successful completion as classroom-based delegates. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
-You’ll carry out exercises in Photoshop, assisted by our trainer. If you haven’t got Photoshop installed on your computer, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
-You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
This is an Adobe Accredited Remote training course.
To take into account
- To gain a thorough grounding in Adobe Photoshop. - To teach delegates to use Photoshop to produce professional-standard images for use on the web.
This course is suitable for: - Newcomers to Photoshop. - Novice users with limited Photoshop experience. - Suitable for both Windows and Mac users.
No prior Photoshop knowledge is necessary. Delegates need access to a computer (Windows or Mac) running Photoshop, to use throughout the course. If Photoshop is not installed, Armada can provide details of trial software to download prior to the course commencing.
When you attend our remote training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time. This training shouldn’t be confused with libraries of pre-prepared e-learning content, that provides an inferior training experience.
One of the Armada team will contact you, answering any questions you have and providing more information about the course. Delegates can book in any of the following ways: Phone: call 01527 834783. Online: www.armada.co.uk. Email: Please email full details, including your name, address, email address, contact phone number and the date of the course you want to attend to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, you will receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Adobe‑accredited Photoshop training course. Click here to see an example of the certificate you receive.
Our Remote training courses run from 9:30am-4:30pm, with ample screen breaks and a lunch break throughout the course.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Achievements for this centre
All courses are up to date
The average rating is higher than 3.7
More than 50 reviews in the last 12 months
This centre has featured on Emagister for 11 years
What you'll learn on the course
- Adobe Photoshop
- Image Editing
- Image correction
- Photo Editing
- Creative Suite
- Digital Photography
Teachers and trainers (4)
Adobe Certified Instructor
- Vector vs. bitmap graphics
- Image resolution
- Interface – tools/control panel/panels)
- Preferences – units/increments/guides/ Undos
- Paint tools – Paintbrush/Pencil/Eraser…
- Tool presets – saving tool settings
- Working with pen and tablets
- Gradients – linear/radial/angled
- Selection tools – Marquee/Lasso/Magic wand/Quick Selection
- Modifying selections
- Colour range – making selections based on colour
- Introduction – layer concepts
- Creating, modifying and controlling
- Transparency – opacity and blend modes
- Layer styles – layer specific styles such as patterns/gradients/fills…
- Layer groups – organising layers
- Aligning/distributing layers
- Positioning/smart guides
- Clipping masks – masking using layers
- Colour theory – RGB/CMYK
- Gamut – identify non-printing colours
- Saving colours – swatches
- Eyedropper tool
- File formats – benefits and uses of formats: psd/tif/jpg/png…
- Transforming – scale/rotate/skew/distort/ perspective/ warping
- Image and canvas size
- Crop tools
- Content Aware scaling
- Alpha Channels – saving selections/areas of colour
- Refine edge – cutting out hair/fur/foliage
- Place linked
- Place embedded
- Auto adjustments – tone/colour/contrast
- Histograms – understanding information
- Colour balance
- Replace colour
- Levels – adjusting tonal balance
- Black and white
- Layers – transparency/blend modes
- Layer Masks – non-destructive/paintable masks
- Smart Objects – combine layers to create non-destructive
- Layer Adjustments – apply non-destructive edits such as levels, Hue/Saturation…
- Layer control – merge, flatten
- Type formatting – Character and Paragraph
- Applying filters – watercolour/ solarisation, etc.
- Filter gallery – combining filters
- Blur filters – for effect
- Puppet warp
- Liquify filters – distorting images
- Content aware – move/fill/scale
- Retouching tools – clone stamp/spot/healing brush/patch tool
- Retouching techniques
- Previewing files – and contents
- Reviewing and rating files
- Loading images as layers
- Adobe Stock
- Adobe Fuse