IOSH Managing Safety
In Queenslie Industrial Estate
Queenslie industrial estate (Scotland)
This course provides a step by step guide to carrying out the key Health and Safety functions managers and supervisors may find themselves responsible for.
Suitable for: Persons in any organisation who are responsible for managing Health and Safety issues within their team/department
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
IOSH Managing Safety
We run these courses in Queenslie Industrial Estate along with Hunter Safety. Hunter Safety are an approved provider of IOSH qualifications.
This highly interactive and practical course provides a step by step guide to carrying out the key Health and Safety functions managers and supervisors may find themselves responsible for. It has been designed to meet the needs of any person in a leadership role from any organisation which is required to manage employees and their work activities.
Over eight modules Managing Safely covers:
- Introduction to the concept of managing safely and Safety Management Systems
- The assessment of risk in the workplace
- Identifying and implementing control measures
- Health and Safety legislation and understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards specific to your place of work and job functions
Investigating accidents, ill health and ‘near misses' in the workplace
- Measuring performance including auditing, inspection and using checklists
- Protecting the environment and minimising environmental impact
Benefits for Delegates and Employers
Successful completion of this course will:
- Improve your managers' knowledge and confidence in their ability to deal with Health and Safety issues
- Empower managers to improve Health and Safety performance and promote a positive safety culture
- Enhance your company image and reinforce commitment to investment in staff training and development
- Ensure your organisation has trained and motivated leaders who have successfully achieved a recognised and respected standard in Health and Safety management
Public & In-Company: Four days including examination plus additional time for work based project.
In-Company Only: One & two day per week options available for in-Company courses.
Delegates receive an IOSH certificate on successful completion of the course.