1. Understand the business benefits of an improvement based Environmental Management System (EMS). The management systems approach to managing environmental impacts. 2. Understand and apply the Process Approach, & Process Auditing. 3. Understand the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of environmental issues and impacts in the context of an EMS audit. 4. Audit an organisation's ability to comply with relevant environmental legislation.
Suitable for: Auditors with competence in another process based management system (i.e. QMS, OH&S) who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge to audit against ISO 14001.
To take into account
The pre-requirement to attend this course to fulfill IRCA conditions is that you should have attended a 5 day IRCA 9001 or 18001 Lead assessor course or acceptable alternative and have a basic understanding of the content, application and implementation of an ISO 14001 management system.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Independent European Certification Limited only employs experienced full time lead auditors to run its training courses, this means that when you come to one of our courses, they are tailored to suit your needs by providing real life answers which are relevant to your industry and background.
There are obviously many different courses available in the market place, however we have selected to design and run a fully approved *IRCA ISO 14001:2004 EMS auditor conversion course using the newly developed accelerated learning methodologies. (IRCA Course number A11162). Why? Well we believe that training courses should provide real practical benefit to the students who attend them. We also believe that successful students should obtain an internationally recognised qualification and this is why we have selected the International Register of Certified Auditors as our authorising body.
What is Accelerated Learning?
In short, "accelerated learning" is a technique which immerses the student fully in the learning experience, an experience which uses all of the student's senses in order that information is not only remembered and regurgitated as traditional methods have proved, but one where information is captured, understood and retained for longer.
"Accelerated learning" is the difference between learning a foreign language from a book and learning a foreign language whilst being in that country, surrounded by the language and immersed in the culture of that language.
What does this mean in the class room?
It means no endless hours of slide presentations, often referred to as "death by overhead". The new style course treats students as auditors right from the morning of day one of the course. The course uses practical exercises, role-plays, tutor model scenarios and model guide answers to stimulate the delegates throughout the entire duration of the learning experience.
News:(09/03/2006) After frenzied activity, late nights, laughs and at times tears within Independent European Certification Limited's training department for the past six months, IRCA formally announced that Independent European Certification Limited has been granted permission to run IRCA's new accelerated learning ISO 14001:2004 EMS auditor conversion course. Head of Training Mr. Robert MacMillan stated that "Independent European Certification Limited welcomed with open arms this new course style and methodology which from student feedback was proving to be a great success".
What does the ISO 14001:2004 EMS auditor conversion course cover?
The IRCA ISO 14001:2004 EMS auditor conversion course provides students with the knowledge required to assess the conformance and performance of an organisation's environmental management system (EMS), be it at an internal level, supplier assessment or independent 3rd Party level. Operating an effective environmental management system relies upon an effective audit by a competent EMS auditor. This requires a comprehensive understanding of risk assessment, risk management and improvement processes.
What will I learn?
1. Understand the business benefits of an improvement based Environmental Management System (EMS). The management systems approach to managing environmental impacts.
2. Understand and apply the Process Approach, & Process Auditing
3. Understand the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of environmental issues and impacts in the context of an EMS audit
4. Audit an organisation's ability to comply with relevant environmental legislation
5. Interpret and understand the requirements of ISO 14001, ISO 14004 & ISO 190011
6. Plan, Conduct and Report a process based audit of an entire EMS effectively