Course not currently available
In Cardiff ()
Government funding available
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
At Capital Training (SW) Ltd we offer hands-on practical kitchen fitting training. This 5 day intensive short course is designed so that you are involved at every stage and are participating throughout to acquire both knowledge and skills.
Our small classes ensure that everyone gets the benefits of our instructor's knowledge and time to make sure you have a good understanding and answer any questions you may have. Our kitchen fitting training and its department adheres to both City and Guilds and CAA requirements, therefore excellent training facilities are in place for you to work through this intensive training course.
No previous experience is enquired to take part in this course. The course is suitable to anyone who is looking to complete a DIY project or who is looking to move forward and develop a career in Kitchen fitting.
During the course you will be taught how to;
· Selecting the right units for a kitchen, reading manufactures scale drawing and planning of basic kitchen layout.
· Marking, Setting Out and levelling of units to a datum line.
· Assembling and fixing base and wall units.
· Practice scribing then cutting of a 45 and / or degree masons mitres using a work top jig and router.
· Cutting inserts for sink and hobs in worktops.
· Hanging doors and templates for fitting of door furniture.
· Marking, cutting and fixing of cornice, pelmet and plinth.
· You will also cover health and safety along with the requirement for Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE), and the building regulations applicable to kitchen fitting in respect to electrics and water.
On completion of the course you will receive either a Capital Training (SW) Ltd certificate of competency or OCN Accreditation, helpful notes and a photographic portfolio showing the stages of the work you have carried out during the period you have trained with us.
Throughout your training all tools and equipment will be fully provided and demonstrated.
In addition to this course, if you are looking towards a career in kitchen fitting or even property development you may wish to consider our 5 day Plumbing course, 5 day Tiling course or our 5 day Plastering course.
What do I need to bring?
All tools and equipment will be fully provided and demonstrated, you will need to wear safety boots for the duration of the course - you can either supply this yourself or purchase them from us at a cost of £15.
1 week - Monday - Friday - 9.00am to 4.00pm