DurationPart-time Ballymena: 2 Years, 2 evenings per wk (4.30pm – 9.30pm) Newtownabbey: 2 Years, 2 evenings per wk(4.30pm – 9.30pm) Awarding Body
2 points at A2-Level or equivalent, or National Diploma, or other relevant industrial experience.
Course content includes:
• Web Development – ASP.NET, VB.NET, Dreamweaver, Flash
• Programming – VB.NET
• Database Design and Maintenance
• Computer Systems
• System Analysis
• Computer Platforms
• Project Management
• Software installations and updating
Subject options may vary depending on campus.
To produce successful students who have an appropriate understanding of he tools and techniques used within the interactive computing industry and the skills required to apply them.
Teaching is practical based thus enabling the student to develop skills and underpinning knowledge. Case studies are based around computing and interactive media scenarios. Industry standard software and hardware are used to develop realistic products.
• Microsoft Industry Standard Software
• Professional techniques
• Video demos of teaching materials
• A dedicated Computing Web Server.
• Selected specialist software used on the course is available free.
Assignments, written assessments, case studies and projects.
The BTEC Higher National Certificate is a level 4 QCF qualification.