Blended learning in Hull
Different dates available
For domestic gas engineers wishing to extend their scope of work to include LPG on domestic properties as well as caravans and log cabins. Also available for renewal of qualifications.
To take into account
ACS Core Domestic Gas Safety certificate.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Gas Safety
- CONGLP1 PD
- CONGLP1 RPH
- CONGLP1 LAV
- CONGLP1 B
Teachers and trainers (1)
This is a two day course which builds a good working knowledge on the theory followed by practical demonstrations in gas safety work using LPG. The training covers service, installation, and repair, faults and theory for a number of appliance areas (where chosen). This course can be modified to suit those candidates who already have an LPG qualification and wish to renew their qualification.Who Would Benefit?
This This course is ideal for plumbers and gas fitters who wish to work with LPG to extend their scope of work and work confidently with LPG appliances.Course Outline
- Welcome & Introduction
- Presentation on LPG
- Installation & Usage of LPG
- Regulations on the Storage of LPG
- Safety issues, faults, emergency actions and procedures
- LPG appliance application (permanent dwellings, residential park homes, leisure accommodation vehicles, boats)
- Pipework and fittings for external pipework (CCLP EP)
- Demonstration followed by practice and formal assessment
LPG work is sector specific to the environment in which the gas related work is being carried out on. Gas engineers working on LPG installations will need to hold relevant appliance qualifications.
Training and Assessment covers the following areas:-
- CONGLP1 PD - Changeover from natural gas to liquid petroleum gas for permanent dwellings.
- CONGLP1 RPH - Changeover from natural gas to liquid petroleum gas for residential park homes
- CONGLP1 LAV - Changeover from natural gas to liquid petroleum gas for leisure accommodation vehicles
- CONGLP1 B - Changeover from natural gas to liquid petroleum gas for boats
For each module you will be required to sit two assessment papers plus half a day’s practical training.
We offer the following LPG specific appliance modules for installation, exchange, service, repair and breakdown and commission:-
- HTRLP3 – Caravan Space Heaters
- HTRLP2 – Closed Flue Gas Fires
- WATLP2 – Caravan Water Heaters
- REFLP2 – Caravan Refridgerators
- WAHLP1 – Warm Air Heaters
There will be formal assessments and if passed will result in ERS issuing a certificate of competence which is needed in order to work on LPG legally. The qualification is a regulatory requirement.