This course will help delegates to understand what prevents them from approaching such events with ease and enthusiasm, and it will show what can be done to make them comfortable, profitable and fun.
Suitable for: This workshop is for anyone who has to attend conventions, business receptions, fundraisers, working lunches, professional dinners, hospitality functions, and out-of-office client events
To take into account
No previous knowledge is required.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
What is Networking?
· Sharing not selling
· Why use a network
· How to overcome discomfort
· Getting beyond the business façade
· Getting more from Network Events
Importance of Strategy
· Why do we need one and
· What does it do?
· Consequences of not having one
Developing a Strategy
· Knowing your aims
· Being systematic
· Who do you want to reach?
· Where to find networks
· Informal and formal networks
Types of Networks
· Assessing existing networks
· Local networking opportunities
· Generating leads and win business through relationships.
· The art of follow-up
· What to do & what not to do
· Top 10 Tips
· How to make an approach and create the right impression
· Positive body language
· The sixty second commercial
· Effective Listening
· Making introductions and developing the conversation
· Taking your leave.
· The role of business cards
· Gathering non-business information
· Staying in regular contact with a legitimate reason
· How to be persistent not pushy
· Using phone, email and snail mail.