2. Course description AS Level Units: Unit 1: Mechanics: Motion; Forces in action; Work and energy. Unit 2: Electrons, Waves and Photons: Electric current; Resistance; DC Circuits; Waves; Quantum Physics. Unit 3: Practical Skills. A Level Units: Unit 4: The Newtonian World: Newton's Laws and momentum; Circular Motion and Oscillations; Thermal Physics. Unit 5: Fields, Particles and Frontiers of Physics: Electric and Magnetic Fields; Capacitors and Exponential Decay; Nuclear Physics; Medical Imaging; Modelling the Universe. Unit 6: Practical Skills.
Tudor Crescent, PO6 2SA
Questions & Answers
Add your question
Our advisors and other users will be able to reply to you
Have you taken this course?
3. Entry requirements You will have 5 GCSEs at B or above, including Maths, English and Double Science/Physics (BB).
4. Equipment required No equipment required
5. Assessment method You will learn through taught sessions, practical investigations, coursework and self-directed study. As part of the assessment you will complete external assessments of between 60 and 105 minutes each as well as coursework assessment.
1. Qualification detail Qualification name GCE AS Level in Physics A Qualification Level Level 3 Awarding organisation Oxford Cambridge & RSA Examinations Course type Part time Course start date 06 September 2017 Additional pricing information 0 Funding information Advanced Learner Loans available Attendance pattern Daytime/working hours