Blended learning in Hurst
This course is ideal if you are in Property Maintenance, want to do Bathroom fitting or Kitchen fitting or for renovating your own bathroom or kitchen at home.
Suitable for: Anyone wanting to do basic plumbing in a home setting
To take into account
None, no experience needed
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
This very popular 5-day course is ideal for you if you want get into property maintenance, bathroom fitting or general plumbing, or if you want to renovate your own bathroom at home. You will acqiure a good understanding of hot and cold water systems and how the heating system works. You will also learn all the practical skills from repairing a leaking tap to installing a new bathroom suite.
On our Plumbing course you will be working on a 'live' system - real water, real drainage and if it leaks - it leaks!. This way you get to detect and remedy leaks in a real situaion.
You will learn to install and plumb in -
* bath, basinand toilet and shower valve and tray
* kitchen sinks and washing machine connections
* radiators, including how to balance a radiator and fitting thermostatically controlled radiator valves
You will also learn:
* the workings of a hot and cold supply system including the heating system in a domestic situation
* to design your pipe runs including selecting pipe sizes
* to work with - cut, bend and solder, copper pipe
* to use soldered fittings as well as compression, push-fit and solvent-weld fittings
* the use of tools such as blow-torch, pipe cutters, benders, tap re-seaters, basin wrench etc
* how to connect up to water supplies and to drainage systems
* how to service and maintain taps and ball valves
* about gravity fed systems, storage cisterns and hot water cylinders
The DIY and Building Skills Training Centre is situated in Hurst, Reading and is easily accessible from the M4 Junction 8/9 or Junction 10; also by bus - 128/129 - from Reading station which stops within walking distance from the Training Centre.