In St Helens
A level Politics is an extremely exciting and varied subject, which relates to the latest issues highlighted in the media such as the presidency of Donald Trump, Brexit, the health service and education.
In a world that is ever changing, keeping up to date with the contemporary political environment is crucial in understanding new laws, movements and economic climate.
By studying Politics, you will gain an in-depth understanding of how governments operate, how political systems influence our daily lives, ideologies that have shaped our society and the national and international impacts of social policy.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Social Policy
- US political systems
- Civilizations collide
- Political Power
- Economic climate
- Contemporary political
- Health Service
During this A level, you will focus on the politics of modern Britain, the USA and the ideologies which have shaped them.
You will cover the following themes:
- The structure of the British and US political systems and where the balance of power lies.
- The nature of the UK and US constitutions and the pressures upon them.
- Comparing the political powers of the US President and UK Prime Minister.
- How political parties and pressure groups operate.
- The development of political ideologies and ideas.
- How ideologies have shaped western society.
- Why ideologies and civilizations collide.