Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
Interactive course explaining the principlas of SMED and how to identify the internal and external activities and the 7 wastes of the process.
SMED activities result in Productivity increases or reduced production time
- Increased machine work rates from reduced setup times even if number of changeovers increases
- Elimination of setup errors and elimination of trial runs reduces defect rates
- Improved quality from fully regulated operating conditions in advance
- Increased safety from simpler setups
- Simplified housekeeping from fewer tools and better organisation
- Lower expense of setups
- Operator preferred since easier to achieve
- Lower skill requirements since changes are now designed into the process rather than a matter of skilled judgement.
This course is designed to provide insiration for you seek these opportunities in your work place