In Bow Bridge Close and Rotherham
The course aims to: Provide basic information and areas of responsibility for health, safety and the environment. Understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment and effects on individuals and the employer. Demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents.
Suitable for: The course is aimed at individuals who will be required to undertake work in petrol retail environments.
To take into account
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Safety Management
- Health and Safety Management
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
• Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
• Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health, safety & the environment
• Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required
• Understand the common hazards associated with work.
MODULE 1 – Hazards on a Petrol Filling Station
Will give delegates an understanding of:- the types of hazards, hazardous areas, safety data sheets, fuel hazards, tanker delivery hazards, contractor and other hazards.
MODULE 2 – Controlling Work on a Forecourt
This session introduces restricted areas of a petrol forecourt, communication, documentation, task classification, zone classification, safety method statements, clearance certificates and permits to work.
MODULE 3 – Safe working practices
This session introduces confined spaces, excavations, hot working, working at height, electricity on a petrol forecourt and associated controls.