Learn how to accurately analyse and interpret imagery, thus increasing their skills and allowing for the correction of any problems
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
BTEC LEVEL 4 PROFESSIONAL AWARD IN SURVEILLANCE IMAGERY
Designed primarily for law enforcement and government agencies, this 5-day course (3 credits)
provides surveillance operatives with the skills to capture good quality, covert still and video imagery in all lighting conditions. Delegates will learn how to accurately analyse and interpret imagery, thus increasing their skills and allowing for the correction of any problems. Award topics also include authorities, continuity of evidence and basic image enhancement. All learners are provided with a comprehensive reference manual covering further areas such as case
law and equipment.
The Award more than satisfies the requirements of a Camera Competent Operative as defined by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO).
- Advanced photographic theory based on Nikon and Canon digital camera usage
- Analysis and interpretation of images
- Long lenses and lens selection
- Imaging at night
- Camouflage and concealment techniques applied to imaging
- Imaging from and into vehicles
- Video techniques
- Continuity and evidence trails
- Advice on equipment
- Comprehensive Manual of Surveillance Imagery
Delivery and assessment
The Award is delivered through blended learning with great emphasis on the practical application of skills under surveillance conditions. The course is carried out under Edexcel terms and conditions, with continual assessment and a full quality assurance programme. Lynceus trainers hold teaching qualifications conferred by Lifelong Learning UK and belong to the Institute for
Learning. Our trainers also meet the standards set by Skills for Justice, the dedicated Sector Skills Council and Standards Setting Body for the UK’s Justice sector. All are highly experienced, and are current trainers for the UK government’s law enforcement bodies.
Successful learners receive a BTEC Professional Award at Level 4 which can count towards a BTEC Level 4 Professional Diploma in Covert Surveillance.
Lynceus offers the following additional courses which form part of the BTEC Level 4 Professional Diploma in Covert Surveillance.
- BTEC Professional Award in Covert Tactics 5 days
- BTEC Professional Award in Close Target Reconnaissance 5 days
- BTEC Professional Award in Covert Observation Posts 5 days
- BTEC Professional Award in Safe Working Practices 5 days
- BTEC Professional Award in Covert Search Techniques 5 days
- BTEC Professional Award in Foot Surveillance 5 days
* These modules are compulsory components of the Diploma.