First Aid InstructorKawns Safety Services Ltd
- In 4 locations
Do you want to become an accredited instructor? Do you hold the HSE FAW certificate or similar and have at least three years as a first aider or have you a medical background and want a change of pace? Become a first aid instructor with us. Learn in a relaxed training environment, whilst gaining the skills required teaching others first aid.
Suitable for: This is a course for First Aiders who has completed a First Aid at Work qualifying course or equivalent, as defined under the First Aid at Work Regulations, and who now wish to teach the FAW syllabus to others in-house.
THIS COURSE IS THREE DAYS DURATION, HOWEVER DUE TO GOVERNMENT CHANGING THE RULES FOR LAY TRAINERS IT IS NOW closely aligned with our TSP & PTLLS course, please ask for further details.
- First Aid
- Priorities of First Aid.
- Treatment for burns and scalds.
- Treatment for Shock.
- Actions in emergencies.
- Basic Life Support CPR.
- The unconscious casualty.
- Treatment for wounds and bleeding.
- Fractures, dislocations, soft tissue injuries.
- Training concepts, how to set up a training session
- Planning a practical training session: subject 'something you know'
- Gaining student's interest
- Continuous assessment, including Q&A, Practical demonstration
- Using tools of the trade, video, PowerPoint, chalk and talk, flip charts, OHP
- Creating resources, video, slides, handouts, models
- Outcomes, syllabus, training needs analysis
- Assessment methods, oral, written, practical
- Dealing with special needs, equal opportunities & bad behaviour
Each delegate will be required to deliver two short assessed lectures; the first will be a subject of their choosing, the second a choice made by the tutor. There will be a practical assessment to test the delegate's first aid skills.
On successful completion you will be registered as a Kawns Instructor but will be free to be employed for others if you wish. We will give you an instructor's package as part of the course documentation so that you can start training on completion.
Is the course accredited?
This course is currently not accredited by any organisation as there are no national standards for it. With the implementation of new FA regulations the national standards will be set and delegates will be updated so that they meet these standards.
Additional to training
We will also provide you with a comprehensive training package so that you can deliver first aid training and full support if you work for us. We also offer discounted training equipment; please visit the Kawns Shop for more information.
You may also be interested in our fully comprehensive HSE accreditation package where we can assist you through the process gaining accreditation for your organisation. You don't have to attend one of our instructor's courses to access this service. Please contact us for further details.