To learn and be competent to administer appropriate First Aid.
Suitable for: Beginners or anyone requiring a first aid certificate for their employment etc.
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
- Are you a therapist working from home or in a complementary health environment?
- Could one of your clients suffer a medical emergency or have an accident on your premises?
- Would you know what to do if a client suffered a heart attack or fell in your therapy room?
- Are you a member of the public or a staff member looking for an accredited First Aid Course?
Governing and monitoring bodies recognise the importance of First Aid Courses as examples of Good Practice and Continuing Professional Development. Gateway Workshops TM offer the ideal course for either an experienced therapist or a beginner. Furthermore it is also a fully accredited course for members of the general public who may wish to attend.
The training company provides First Aid courses such as the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) Approved First Aid at Work as well as Therapist Courses. They are registered with the Association of First Aiders (AoFA) and have been approved by the HSE. AoFA is the UK’s largest association supporting over 2,000 first aiders, first aid trainers and training providers.
Gateway permit only 12 students per class to allow for individual training and attention. The tutors have extensive knowledge with qualifications in nursing and paramedic training. Their wealth of experience and instruction should therefore prepare you should the unexpected happen.
First Aid Course Outline
- Assess a casualty’s condition in an emergency and know when to get help.
- Looking after your own safety and understand important principles of Infection Control
- Understand D.R.A.B. & Resuscitation
- Know how to put place someone in the Recovery Position and look after their airway should they become unconscious
- Deal with people who are choking
Understand the signs and symptoms of serious accidents and illnesses and know
what actions to take, this includes…
- Heart Attacks and Angina
- Epileptic Fits
How to deal with and treat....
- What information to pass on to ambulance staff when they arrive
- How to Keep an accident book
- How to Keep and maintain a recognised and approved First Aid Kit
The tutors are registered with the HSE (Health & Safety Executive). You will receive a Professional Certificate which is valid for 3 years – after this date a short refresher course is required to renew certification.