This course enables staff to understand and apply the fundamentals of good food hygiene practice and for businesses to fulfil their legal obligations
Questions & Answers
Ask a question and other users will answer you
CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety
This one-day course (minimum 6 hours) enables staff to understand and apply the fundamentals of good food hygiene practice and for businesses to fulfil their legal obligations. It can be customised to meet both business and individual needs in order to make the learning experience relevant and fit for purpose.
On successful completion of the course the candidates will be able to understand:
- The terminology used in food hygiene
- The laws that apply to food businesses and food handlers
- The requirements of current regulations
- How to take product and equipment temperatures
- How a reduction in storage temperatures will minimise bacterial multiplication
- The importance of high temperatures in the supply of safe food
- That food handlers can pose a risk to food safety
- The importance of using appropriate storage conditions for different types of food
- The importance of cleaning in food premises
- The need for high standards for structure and equipment to promote good hygiene in food premises.
The course concludes with a final multiple-choice paper, completed after the 6-hours of study and is assessed by the CIEH.
This qualification replaced the CIEH Foundation certificate in Food Hygiene in 2007. It has been developed to address the new national occupational standards in food safety and recent changes in food safety legislation
Fee range £45 to £95 per candidate excl VAT (Dependent on group numbers and location)